Tuesday, February 16, 2021

 An update on my build.

Parts have started to arrive and I have been busy assembling.  The one big piece I'm missing (because it is out of stock) is my mash tun from SSBrewTech.  Im hoping it comes in this week.  I was able to put most of the rest of this together.



I was able to run some leak tests which showed a few things that needed correcting.  I also ran a few tests on the boil kettle.  Looks like I should be able to expect a 3 degree rise per minute on a 12 gallon boil which seems pretty good.  I did have to change the design a bit as I found out that my chiller restricts the flow too much to get an effective whirlpool.  So I modified the design to have the whirlpool branch off before the chiller (instead of after).  Im a little worried that that will mean any cold break material will end up in the fermenter but I think that will be a try it out and see if that is a problem I need to fix down the road


No comments:

Post a Comment