Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Design change

So the inability to whirlpool through my chiller has been bugging me for a couple reasons.

  • I won't be able to drop temp quickly to get to whirlpool temp (170 degrees or so) 
  • I won't be able to chill back into my boil kettle to drop cold break in my kettle 
  • I wont be able to sanitize my chiller by circulating boiling wort through the chiller
The last one was probably my larger concern.  Having come this far in this build I decided I didn't want to make these compromises.  I have made some changes to be able to solve these problems.  Essentially this involves a few more three way valves 

Now I can run 
  • From the boil kettle through the chiller back to the boil.
  • From the boil kettle bypass the chiller back to the boil.
  • From the boil kettle through the chiller to the fermenter
Here are the new drawings as well as a picture of the new valves in place.









No comments:

Post a Comment